I don’t think it gets easier than 4 ingredient lasagna! This family classic is as easy as can be, with all the cozy comfort you’re looking for. (And, it can be gluten & dairy free, too!)
- 12 lasagna noodles (gluten free, if needed*)
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (can use pork, turkey, or chicken)
- 1 1/2 (24oz) jars favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3–4 cups grated mozzarella (or dairy free mozzarella**)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions (my packages always say cook noodles 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in a medium skillet and cook until completely cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- If your pan is large enough, pour sauce into the cooked sausage. (Otherwise, pour the sauce into a saucepan and stir in the cooked sausage.)
- To assemble the lasagna, pour a smidge (less than 1/4 cup) of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13″ pan.
- Layer 4 noodles over sauce. Add about 1 cup sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with about 1/3 of cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 about 40 minutes or till bubbly.
*Our favorite gluten free lasagna noodles are Jovial brown rice lasagna noodles or Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles.
**Our favorite dairy free mozzarella cheese is Daiya Cutting Board Mozzarella Shreds
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Italian-American
Keywords: gluten free lasagna, dairy free lasagna, sausage lasagna, four ingredient lasagna, easy lasagna recipe, lasagne recipe