This fresh corn salad is a perfect addition to summer! Use it as a corn salad or corn salsa. It’s amazing as a side dish, an addition to burrito bowls, with chips, or spooned over fish or grilled chicken! (Gluten free, vegan)
FOR THE FRESH CORN SALAD:
- 3 cups fresh corn, cooked and cut off the cobb (3–4 ears of corn)
- 1 1/2 cups halved baby tomatoes (or quartered, if large)
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro, minced
FOR THE CHILI-LIME DRESSING:
- 3–4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- In a medium or large bowl, mix up your dressing by whisking together lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add corn, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Gently stir to combine and coat well with the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep about 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
VARIATIONS – PLAY WITH IT!
- Add a little kick! Try adding a little jalapeño, green chiles, or a tiny sprinkle of chipotle chili powder for some kick.
- Fill it out. Mix in some black beans or diced bell peppers to fill it out even more.
- Fire up the grill. Try grilling your corn–it adds great flavor!
- Switch out your onions. Try caramelized your onions or swapping in green onions in place of fresh red onion.
- Add a street corn vibe. Sprinkle a little cotija cheese on top (it’ll have a bit of a street corn vibe!)
- Take it another direction. Why not swap the cilantro for some fresh basil? It’s delicious!
- Use a flavored olive oil–I love using flavored olive oils, like Mexican Lime olive oil or a few drops of jalapeño olive oil. (The jalapeño is hot! Start small!)
- Category: side dish, salad, appetizer
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Southwestern
Keywords: corn salad, corn salsa, corn tomato avocado, corn salad with tomato and avocado, gluten free, vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, side dish, salad, fresh corn