Funfetti Birthday Cake Rice Krispies Treats – These 5-ingredient sprinkle Rice Krispies are such a fun treat! These ones are even gluten free + vegan-friendly!
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal, gluten free as needed*
- 4 Tbsp. butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 1 (10oz) bag marshmallows**
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup jimmies sprinkles
- Grease an 8×8″ or 9×9″ square baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Place cereal in a large bowl (you want a big bowl for mixing)
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter gently over low heat.
- Add marshmallows to the butter and melt over low heat until completely soft and melted.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add melted marshmallow mixture to the cereal and fold in with a spatula.
- After the marshmallows have cooled down a bit, add the sprinkles and fold in to combine.
- Gently pat the Rice Krispies mixture down into the prepared pan with the spatula or with greased or slightly damp fingertips. (You don’t want to smash it down or you’ll get dense treats instead of light, fluffy ones.)
- Let the treats set, then slice into squares. Store covered or in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator 2-3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sprinkle Rice Krispies Treats, Confetti Rice Krispies Treats, Funfetti Rice Krispies Treats, Gluten Free Rice Krispies treats, crisp rice treats