Amazing Gluten-Free Apple Crisp – This apple crumble recipe has a perfectly spiced apple filling and a buttery crisp topping that’s PERFECT with a scoop of ice cream and a little caramel sauce on top! (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
FOR THE APPLE FILLING:
- 2.5 lbs. apples, peeled and sliced (7–8 cups sliced apples) – I slice mine about 1/4″ thick
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
FOR THE CRISP TOPPING:
- 8 oz (1/2 cup) butter or vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free 1:1 flour*
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
OPTIONAL, FOR SERVING:
- Vanilla ice cream (dairy-free, as needed)
- Caramel sauce (dairy-free, as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set out an 8×8″ or 9×9″ square baking pan and a sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, make the filling. Combine sliced apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir to coat the apples well.
- Pour apples into your square baking dish.
- Using the same bowl (yay! Save a dish!), make the crisp topping. Combine softened butter, 1 cup brown sugar, oats, flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Use a fork, pastry blender, or your hands to combine the mixture until clumps and clusters form and there are no dry spots remaining in the crisp mixture.
- Sprinkle the crisp mixture over the apples in the baking dish.
- Place the square baking dish on a baking sheet (to catch any bubbling spills).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbling. (If the top of your crisp starts browning too fast, cover the baking dish loosely with foil)
- Allow the crisp to cool at least 15-20 minutes before serving. This will help the filling set.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free apple crisp, gluten free apple crumble, apple crisp recipe, apple crumble recipe