Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl – This tender, fluffy pumpkin bread with a chocolate cinnamon swirl might just be the BEST Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread you ever taste! (Gluten free, dairy free)
For the Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp melted butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk (I use unsweetened almond milk–use whatever you drink!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free measure-for-measure flour blend, such as King Arthur Flour Measure-for-Measure or Bob’s Red Mill 1:1
For the Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips*
- 1 Tbsp. butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 9×5″ bread loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. (I like to cut my parchment so that it hangs over the long sides of the loaf pan. I can use that overhang as “handles” later to lift the baked bread out of the pan later.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, syrup, butter/oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Add baking soda and gluten free flour, and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan, then prepare the chocolate-cinnamon swirl.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt chocolate chips, butter/oil, and cinnamon together over low heat, stirring regularly until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour in a straight line down the center of your pumpkin batter. Use a thin knife (like a butter knife) or a small skewer to gently swirl the mixture, trying not to over-mix. I like to make a few figure-8’s in the chocolate swirl. (See video for more detail here.)
- Place the pumpkin bread in the oven at 325 degrees F. and baking 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool 5 minutes in the pan before lifting the bread out to cool on a cooling rack. Cool before slicing.
- Category: Dessert, Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, cinnamon pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin bread, cinnamon swirl pumpkin bread, chocolate pumpkin bread, chocolate swirl pumpkin bread, dairy free pumpkin bread