- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (14.5oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber (I like English cucumber)
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced if you like
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- Fresh herbs–2-3 Tbsp fresh basil, minced or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (at least 3–4 Tbsp), or more, to taste
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar or more, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and cooled quinoa, chickpeas, bell pepper, baby tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle over olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Add additional lemon juice, or vinegar, as desired.