My Big Fat Greek Quinoa Salad – Bright, fresh colors and flavors make this a perfect lunch or warm-weather side dish. Perfect for meal prep, barbecues, picnics, and more!
That means we’re totally digging this Big Fat Greek Quinoa Salad. Loaded with bright colors and fresh flavors, it’s the perfect light meal to enjoy when it’s hot out!
Notes on the Recipe:
Let’s Talk Add-ins: There are SOOOO many ways to change this up. Sun-dried tomatoes, peperoncinis, a mix of olives, Feta cheese, grilled lemon chicken, spinach, blanched green beans, roasted red peppers, diced avocado, and more! Play around with whatever you have on hand. There are SO many great choices!
Meal Prep Tips: This stays in really great shape for at least 4-5 days. It’s a great make-ahead recipe that’ll keep really well for lunches, leftovers, etc. Don’t hesitate to make it in the morning if you are planning to serve it at night. I’ll work!
Not into quinoa? No worries. I often combine these toppings with a big giant bowl of greens, then drizzle the dressing on individual servings.
Like This Recipe? You Might Also Like…
- Confetti Quinoa Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Italia Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (14.5oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber (I like English cucumber)
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, sliced if you like
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- Fresh herbs–2-3 Tbsp fresh basil, minced or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (at least 3–4 Tbsp), or more, to taste
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar or more, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked and cooled quinoa, chickpeas, bell pepper, baby tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onion, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle over olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Add additional lemon juice, or vinegar, as desired.