Harvest Apple Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad – This colorful kale and Brussels sprouts salad is perfect when the weather turns cold. You’ll love the colorful mix-ins and tangy balsamic-herb dressing!
For The Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- 3 cups Shredded Kale
- 8–12 oz. Brussels Sprouts, Shredded
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion or 2 sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled.
For The Balsamic-Herb Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh cilantro
First, Make The Dressing:
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, syrup, salt, and pepper to a blender (or a jar for an immersion blender.)
- Pulse to blend until the herbs are very fine and the oil/vinegar is well combined.
- Set aside or chill until ready to make the salad. (Dressing will keep 1 week in the refrigerator)
For The Salad:
- Add kale and Brussels sprouts to a large salad bowl. Add 2-3 Tbsp. of the dressing and massage the kale for at least 30-90 seconds or so to work the dressing into the greens. They’ll soften some and become glossy.
- Add apples, onion, cranberries, almonds, and bacon to the greens.
- Pour over remaining dressing to your taste (you may not use all of it) and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale brussels sprouts salad, apple kale salad, apple brussels sprouts salad