Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas are one of my favorite Disneyland treats. They’re so easy to make at home! Feel free to mix and match toppings to make these even more delicious.
- 4–5 ripe bananas, peeled and halved
- 6 oz (1 cup) chocolate chips (dairy-free, as needed)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
TOPPING IDEAS TO TRY:
- Mini Chocolate Chips, Toasted coconut, Chopped Nuts, Coarse Sea Salt, Crushed Freeze-Dried Berries, Sprinkles.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut side of each banana half. Place all bananas on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper and transfer to the freezer. Freeze 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to dip the bananas, assemble any toppings you plan to add so everything is ready to go.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat until completely smooth. (Alternatively, you can put the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish and microwave it in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted).
- Transfer melted chocolate to a narrow glass. Dip frozen banana halves into the chocolate (allow excess chocolate to drip off). Place dipped bananas back on parchment paper and immediately add any toppings. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Return bananas to the freezer for a few minutes to harden. Store in an airtight zip-top bag in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate covered bananas, chocolate-covered bananas, chocolate dipped bananas, chocolate covered frozen bananas, chocolate dipped banana pops