My favorite Disneyland treat is so easy to make at home! Feel free to mix and match toppings to make these even more delicious. (See the notes section for topping ideas!)
- 4–5 ripe bananas, peeled and halved
- 6 oz (1 cup) chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Chocolate chips, toasted coconut, nuts, chopped up candies, etc.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut side of each banana half. Place all bananas on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper and transfer to the freezer. Freeze 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to dip the bananas, assemble any toppings you plan to add so everything is ready to go.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat until completely smooth. (Alternatively, you can put the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish and microwave it in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted).
- Transfer melted chocolate to a narrow glass. Dip frozen banana halves into the chocolate (allow excess chocolate to drip off). Place dipped bananas back on parchment paper and immediately add any toppings. Repeat with remaining bananas.
- Return bananas to the freezer for 30-60 minutes to harden. Store in an airtight zip-top bag in the freezer.
The topping options are endless (and they’re maybe the best part!). A few of my favorites….
- Mini Chocolate Chips (we just use more of these)
- Toasted coconut
- Crushed pistachios or macadamia nuts (peanuts and hazelnuts are fun, too, if you tolerate them)
- A pinch of coarse sea salt (this is my fave)
- Sprinkles (these ones are dye free)
- You could even do minced up candy bars or drizzle caramel or white chocolate over them at the end if you’re feeling decadent.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-bake, freezer