This healthy cookie dough nice cream recipe is perfect for cookie dough lovers! (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
NOTE: This will make more cookie dough than you need. Store the leftover cookie dough in an airtight bag or container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
For The Healthy Cookie Dough Bites:
- 3/4 cup almond flour (not regular flour*)
- 1/4 cup butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil, softened
- 2 Tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
For the nice cream
- 4 frozen ripe bananas, cut into slices (we like to freeze them like this)
- 1/4 cup milk, or more if needed (I use unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk)
For the cookie dough:
- Line a plate with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter/oil, honey, vanilla, and salt until well mixed and creamy. Mix in the almond flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Mixture will be fairly soft.
- Use a teaspoon to make tiny little balls. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.
For the nice cream:
- When you’re ready for the ice cream, place bananas and milk into a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, adding more milk as necessary. Stir in cookie dough balls to taste and enjoy immediately!
*Regular flour or gluten-free flour is not considered safe to eat raw. Don’t substitute it in this recipe unless you heat treat it first!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie dough nice cream, nice cream recipe, banana ice cream recipe, banana nice cream, healthy cookie dough nice cream recipe