Hello Dollies – Whether you call them Hello Dollies, 7-Layer Bars, or Magic Bars, this decadent retro dessert bars are great treats to share!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve crushed)*
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds, but any kind really will work)
- 1 small (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter in a glass or ceramic 9×13″ pan, and put it in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt.
- Remove from oven and add graham cracker crumbs. Stir to coat the graham cracker crumbs in the. melted butter and pat down to create the graham cracker crust base layer.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes, then chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped nuts over the graham cracker layer.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the condensed milk has soaked into the bars and the edges are golden.
- Run a knife around the edges of pan while still warm to prevent cookies from sticking to edges. Slice into small squares while still warm.
- Store leftover hello dolly bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator 3-4 days for best results.
I slice these into 15 squares by creating three rows lengthwise down the long side of the pan and then 5 short horizontal rows along the short side of the pan. They are pretty rich, so if you prefer, you can cut each of those squares into two rectangles.
*You can use gluten free graham crackers as needed! I like Kinnikinnik, Nairns, and Pamela’s brands.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hello Dollies, 7 Layer Bars, Seven Layer Bars, Magic Bars, Magic Cookie Bars