- 3c old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1c steel-cut oats*
- 1 1/2c sliced almonds
- 1/4c honey
- 1/4c maple syrup (you can use 1/2c honey instead and skip the syrup, if you like)
- 1/4c coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to combine well. Spread granola mixture out onto a baking sheet (I like to line mine with a silicone baking mat for easy clean-up later, but I’ve made it on an un-greased baking sheet without any trouble).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so. Allow mixture to cool completely on baking sheet. Transfer to an airtight container.
- Granola will keep 1-2 weeks (if you can make it last that long!)
*Be sure to use certified gluten free oats if you are gluten free. I’ve had great success with Bob’s Red Mill brand. Trader Joe’s also carries GF rolled oats. If you’d prefer, you can use 4c rolled oats in place of the 3c rolled + 1c steel cut.