Crazy Yummy Honey Lime Shrimp – This honey lime shrimp is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, with just enough spice to keep things interesting. Try using this shrimp in tacos, salads, or burrito bowls for even more flavor! (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
FOR HONEY-LIME SHRIMP:
- 1 lb. peeled, de-veined shrimp (raw)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice + zest of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 2–3 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, for cooking shrimp
TURN IT INTO A BOWL OR SALAD BY SERVING WITH: cilantro-lime rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa, black beans, lettuce, pico de gallo or salsa, avocado or guacamole, grilled corn or veggies, etc.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl or container.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice + zest, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, and 2 Tbsp. cilantro.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and gently stir with a spatula to coat the shrimp in the marinade.
- Cover and let marinate 5-15 minutes (up to about 30 minutes)
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a medium pan over medium pan.
- Working in batches so you don’t crowd the pan, cook shrimp 1-2 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on the other. Watch the color of the shrimp–when it turns pink and opaque, you know it’s cooked through. Try not to overcook so your shrimp stays tender.
- Remove cooked shrimp to a clean plate (I like to use tongs to rub the shrimp on the bottom of the pan to scrape up any browned bits or juices first).
- Add another little drizzle of oil if needed, and repeat with remaining shrimp, until all shrimp is cooked. Return shrimp to the pan and cook about 30 seconds to heat through. Garnish with remaining cilantro, if desired.
- Serve plain, or add to tacos, salads, burrito bowls and more!
TO GRILL THIS HONEY LIME SHRIMP INSTEAD: I recommend threading the shrimp on skewers so it doesn’t slip through your grill grates. Grease the grill grates and cook just 1-2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is opaque all the way through.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Honey Lime Shrimp, Cilantro Lime Shrimp, Chili Lime Shrimp, Taco Shrimp, Lime Shrimp