Crazy Yummy Honey Lime Shrimp – This honey lime shrimp is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, with just enough spice to keep things interesting. Try using this shrimp in tacos, salads, or burrito bowls for even more flavor! (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
It’s definitely hitting the super hot stage of summer where I live. The kind of weather that makes me crave all the homemade popsicles + not a lot of time cooking/heating up my kitchen.
That’s where shrimp–specifically this Honey Lime Shrimp–is coming to save me.
Here are some things to love about this Honey Lime Shrimp:
- It’s CRAZY yummy. Like, TONS of flavor–tangy, sweet, smoky, delicious flavor.
- It’s EASY. Just a few simple ingredients, combined just right.
- It’s FAST. Shrimp only takes 1-2 minutes to cook per side! (That means less time heating up your kitchen in the summer)
And here’s all you need to make this yummy shrimp (+a bunch of tasty ways to enjoy it!)…
HERE’S WHAT I PUT IN MY HONEY LIME SHRIMP:
PEELED, DEVEINED SHRIMP. You’ll start with a pound of shrimp. I usually use 20-25 count shrimp. The number refers to how many shrimp there are per pound. A lower number means larger shrimp. (Don’t know how to peel & devein shrimp? See the FAQ for tips!)
OLIVE OIL. Some good-quality olive oil helps the shrimp cook and prevents the lime from curing the shrimp too quickly. Try using this one for a fun flavor twist! (Use code “onelovelylife” for 10% off your first order!)
LIME JUICE + ZEST. For plenty of fresh lime flavor, I like adding fresh lime juice and lime zest to my honey lime shrimp. If you want less pronounced lime flavor, just add the juice.
HONEY. Then, for a little sweetness, I add some honey. (Don’t worry! Your honey lime shrimp won’t end up super sweet!)
GARLIC + SALT + PEPPER + CHILI POWDER. To round out the flavor, I add a mix of garlic, salt, pepper, and chili powder. This makes the shrimp extra flavorful and helps add a bit of color to them as they cook.
CILANTRO. I love the bright pop of color and fresh flavor a little cilantro adds to the mix, but if you’re not a cilantro fan, feel free to leave it out!
BUILD IT OUT! TURN YOUR HONEY LIME SHRIMP INTO A BOWL OR SALAD:
Honey Lime Shrimp is delicious in tacos, taco salads, and as a stand-alone main dish paired with some fresh sides like fresh corn salad, beans & rice, etc. But one of my favorite ways to eat it is in Honey Lime Shrimp Bowls. Here are some ideas for building a great bowl:
- CILANTRO-LIME RICE OR CAULIFLOWER RICE. Add a yummy base, like quinoa, cilantro-lime rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
- LETTUCE OR GREENS. Feel free to pile your bowl high with plenty of lettuce or greens!
- BLACK BEANS. I love the color and added protein & fiber from some yummy black beans.
- PICO DE GALLO. Fresh Pico de Gallo is SO delicious and works great in bowls like this!
- AVOCADO OR GUACAMOLE. Then, because I can never resist, I love adding avocado or guacamole for some creaminess. SO GOOD!
FAQ + TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST HONEY LIME SHRIMP:
HOW TO PEEL & DEVEIN SHRIMP. I prefer buying shrimp that’s already peeled and deveined, but sometimes you’ve got to do it yourself! If you’ve never done it before, this is a great visual tutorial so you know what to do. (It’s really not hard, just takes some time and patience.)
WATCH THE COLOR TO KNOW WHEN IT’S DONE. Shrimp cooks quickly, so I recommend not trying to multitask while it’s cooking unless you set a timer. Depending on the size of your shrimp, you’ll likely need just 1-2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is opaque all the way through.
CAN I GRILL THIS HONEY LIME SHRIMP INSTEAD? You sure can. I recommend threading the shrimp on skewers so it doesn’t slip through your grill grates. Grease the grill grates and cook just 1-2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is opaque all the way through. Don’t want to head outside? This grill pan can be a great option!
HOW LONG CAN I MARINATE HONEY LIME SHRIMP? Because the marinade contains lime juice, which can “cure” the shrimp, you’ll only want to leave it in the marinade 5-15 minutes or so. Otherwise, it can get tough or mushy.
TRY THIS HONEY LIME SHRIMP IN…tacos, burrito bowls, taco salads, this quinoa salad, and more! It’s very versatile and plays nicely with most Tex-Mex flavors!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Honey Lime Tilapia (Also works with cod & halibut!)
- The BEST Fish Tacos With Cilantro-Lime Slaw
- Easy Instant Pot Black Beans
- Our Ultimate Guide to Guacamole
- Pico De Gallo
- Tomatillo Ranch Dressing (AMAZING if you add this honey lime shrimp to a taco salad!)