Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice – Restaurant style cilantro lime rice is easier than ever thanks to the pressure cooker! This method will give you fluffy, flavorful rice perfect as a side dish, tucked into burrito bowls, burritos, and more!
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 Tbsp. butter, vegan butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth, veggie broth, or water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. lime zest (or more, to taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp.), or more to taste
- Add rice, butter/oil, salt, and broth to your Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid & double check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING (*not VENTING*).
- Select Manual Pressure (high pressure) and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- Cook the rice at high pressure for 6 minutes.
- After the 6 minute cook time, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the remaining steam.
- Add cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice to the rice and fluff with a fork to combine.
- Serve warm with your Tex-Mex favorites!
Total Time Breakdown: 10-12 minutes to come to pressure + 6 minutes to cook + 10 minutes natural release + 2 minutes quick/manual release = about 30 minutes total.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: cilantro lime rice, pressure cooker cilantro lime rice, instant pot cilantro lime rice, chipotle cilantro lime rice