Instant Pot Gluten-Free Pasta – This easy one-pot dinner comes together in a flash. Perfect for busy nights or days when you’re too tired to cook! (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
(FYI: 8-10 min to come to pressure + 8 min to cook + 1-2 min to quick-release steam)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. ground sausage (pork, chicken, or turkey)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (24oz) jar marinara sauce or 3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 12 oz. gluten-free brown rice rotini or penne pasta (like Jovial or Tinkyada)
- Optional: spinach or basil, to garnish.
- Press SAUTE button on Instant Pot.
- Add olive oil and sausage and cook on SAUTE mode 5-7 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. (If desired, drain any excess fat.)
- Pour in 1 cup of the water and stir, using your spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in marinara sauce and stir to combine well.
- Add pasta and push down gently, to tuck the noodles into the sauce.
- Pour the remaining cup of water over the top of the pasta, so it’s all covered.
- Secure the lid and double-check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING (not VENTING)
- Press CANCEL to stop SAUTE mode, then Press MANUAL PRESSURE and set the timer for 8 minutes. (It will take the Instant Pot 8-10 minutes to come up to pressure)
- After it’s cooked 8 minutes, carefully quick-release the steam by switching the pressure valved to VENTING.
- When the floater valve has dropped, carefully open the Instant Pot lid and gently stir the pasta
- Feel free to stir in spinach or fresh basil, or sprinkle with cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Gluten Free Pasta, Pressure Cooker Gluten-Free Pasta