This creamy pumpkin steel-cut oatmeal is so easy to make in the Instant Pot. It’s a delicious warm breakfast that’s worth waking up for any day of the week. (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
Total Time = 45 minutes. (12-14 minutes to come to pressure + 5 minutes cook time + 15 minutes quick release + 1-2 minutes natural release + 5-10 minutes to rest.)
For The Instant Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons butter or vegan butter, melted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon*
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups almond milk (can substitute your favorite milk or water)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
Optional, for serving: additional milk, pure maple syrup or brown sugar, toasted pecans, dried cranberries, yogurt or whipped cream, etc.
- In your Instant Pot, combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, butter/vegan butter (if using), vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and salt.
- Whisk to combine, then add the almond milk. Whisk to incorporate the milk.
- Stir in the steel cut oats, making sure to stir well (this will prevent a burn notice)
- Secure the lid, and double check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING (not “venting”).
- Pressure cook on manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release 15-20 minutes.
- Quick release any remaining pressure by carefully moving the pressure valve to the VENTING position.
- Carefully open the lid, then stir the oatmeal to combine.
- Let the pumpkin steel cut oats rest for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. The oats will continue to absorb the liquid and thicken.
- Serve portions warm in bowls with additional milk, pure maple syrup, pecans, or any other desired toppings.
*Feel free to use 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot pumpkin steel cut oats, pressure cooker pumpkin steel cut oats, instant pot pumpkin steel cut oatmeal, instant pot pumpkin spice steel cut oats,