Key Lime Pie Popsicles – These creamy lime popsicles taste like a slice of your favorite key lime pie! Made from healthy ingredients, they’re the perfect summer treat! (Gluten-Free & Vegan-Friendly)
*Pro tip: zest your limes before you juice them!
FOR THE KEY LIME PIE POPSICLE MIXTURE:
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (dairy-free or dairy, as needed)
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (I recommend full-fat for the best texture)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes) or 2–3 Tbsp. key lime juice (from 6–9 key limes)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave (use agave for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime zest* (try to get only the green peel not the white pith)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
FOR THE GRAHAM MIXTURE:
- 2 Tbsp. butter or vegan butter, melted
- 5 sheets of graham crackers (about 87 g.), gluten-free/vegan, as needed
*OPTIONAL: Additional lime zest for garnish
FOR THE POPSICLE MIXTURE:
- In a blender, combine yogurt, coconut milk, lime juice, honey or agave, lime zest, and vanilla.
- Puree until smooth and the honey/agave is well incorporated. (You also want the lime zest to break down quite a bit here to flavor the mixture more fully)
- Taste and add additional sweetener, if needed. (It should be fairly tart & sweet to mimic the flavor of key lime pie.)
FOR THE GRAHAM MIXTURE:
- Place the graham crackers in a large bowl and use the back of a cup to crush them into small (but not miniscule!) pieces. I like having a few larger pieces and some smaller pieces. You can also do this by placing the graham crackers in a bag and using a cup or a rolling pin to crush them.
- If you haven’t already, melt the butter in a microwave-safe dish for 10-20 seconds at a time, until it’s fully melted.
- Add the butter to the crushed graham crackers and use a fork to coat the crumbs well with the butter. Little clumps will start to form.
TO ASSEMBLE YOUR POPSICLES:
- To assemble your popsicles, fill each well of your popsicle mold halfway full with the smoothie mixture.
- Add 1 tsp. graham crumbs to the popsicle mold. Swirl or poke the crumbs down with a popsicle stick a bit (if desired).
- Fill the popsicle mold almost all the way to the top, leaving about 1/4″ space.
- Add another teaspoon of graham cracker crumps to the top. (This will become the bottom of the pops once they’re removed from the popsicle mold.)
- If you have any additional graham crumbs, you can save them for garnish!
- Cover the popsicle mold with a lid or wrap tightly with foil and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Place on a level surface in the freezer and freeze at least 4-5 hours, or until completely solid.
- To remove popsicles from the mold, remove the lid and run each well of the popsicle mold under cold water for a few seconds. Gently wiggle the popsicle stick side to side to help loosen the popsicle from the mold. (If it’s not budging, just run it under cold water for a few more seconds and try again)
- If desired, sprinkle additional lime zest or any leftover graham crumbs onto the popsicles for garnish & enjoy!
- Store frozen popsicles in an airtight freezer-safe bag for up to 2 weeks.
TRUST YOUR TASTEBUDS. Like traditional key lime pie, these key lime pie popsicles are meant to strike just the right balance between sweet and tart. If you want to start with less lime juice or add more sweetener, feel free to follow your tastebuds!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: key lime pie popsicles, lime pie popsicles, lime popsicles, creamy lime popsicles, lime yogurt popsicles