- 1 (14oz) box corn Chex cereal
- 1 (12oz) box graham cracker cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- 2c coarsely grated coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
- 1 generous cup slivered almonds
- 2c sugar
- 2c corn syrup
- 1c butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- In one or two of your largest bowls, combine cereals, coconut, and almonds. Make sure you’ll have plenty of room to toss the cereal mixture with the warm sugar syrup mixture.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and pour over cereal mixture. Toss to coat well.
- If packaging to give away, or if you don’t want it quite so sticky, spread Chex mix out over parchment or waxed paper to dry. Allow to dry up to 8-12 hours before packaging.