- 1 lb. baby potatoes, scrubbed and halved (don’t peel)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1c water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- In a large pan (choose one with a lid), heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and paprika and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add potatoes, water, and about 1/2tsp salt to the pan. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium. Continue cooking until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes longer. Add an additional Tbsp olive oil to the pan and stir to coat potatoes. Cook until potatoes are deep golden color and crisped on the outside, about 5 minutes (this works best if you don’t stir the potatoes much while they crisp up).
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.