- 2lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1c whole milk, or more if desired
- 3/4–1c basil leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4c fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are very soft, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan until warm. Pour milk into a blender or food processor. Add basil and parmesan cheese and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan and keep warm over low heat until potatoes are cooked.
- When potatoes are soft, drain them and return them to the pan or put them in a large bowl. Pour in basil/milk mixture and use a hand mixer to mash well. The potatoes should be quite smooth. Add additional milk if you want a thinner texture. Add salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.