- 4–5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces (about 1 1/2″)
- 2c broccoli florets, uncooked
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2c milk
- 1/2c fresh parmesan, grated
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potato pieces and broccoli and boil 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft and can easily be mashed with a fork. Drain broccoli and potatoes well.
- Place drained vegetables in a large bowl with butter, milk, and parmesan. With a hand mixer, whip mixture until very smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Serve warm.