- 2.5 lbs beef roast (buy whatever’s cheapest and gives you the most meat)
- 1/2 (or more) of a 16oz jar peperoncinis (I sometimes buy deli-sliced)
- 1c beef broth
- salt and pepper
- sandwich buns*
- cheese, grated or sliced (go for mozzarella, provolone, swiss or another great cheese)*
- optional: extra peperoncini slices for serving
- Trim any visible fat from your roast. Place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in half a jar worth of peppers (don’t include all the juice, just pick out the peppers). If you want a bit more heat, add a few tablespoons of the pepper juice to the crock pot. Pour in beef broth. Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Shred beef, removing any fatty bits. Slice peppers and mix into beef.
- For best serving results, toast buns, fill with beef/pepper mixture, and top with cheese and a few extra peperoncinis. If necessary, pop the sandwiches in the oven for a minute or two to melt the cheese.
- Savor the goodness.
*For a gluten free version, be sure to use gluten free buns. For dairy-free, just skip the cheese. No big deal!