For a bit of kick, try adding a few teaspoons of minced jalapeño in with the pineapple mixture as it boils. Or, to change things up, stir in a clove of garlic with the ginger. Delish!
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced or puled a few times in a food processor
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- salt, to taste
- (optional: 1 clove garlic, minced or a little minced jalapeño)
- Place pineapple, bell pepper, honey, vinegar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, to reduce slightly.
- In a small bowl, stir together arrowroot powder and water. Pour mixture into the saucepan and stir until just thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro. Taste and add salt as desired.
- Serve with chicken, fish, shrimp, sausages, or sweet potatoes!