Pink Pasta – This creamy tomato sauce pasta uses a blend of Alfredo and marinara sauce. It’s cheesy, delicious goodness! (Gluten Free Friendly!)
- 1 lb. short pasta, such as penne, farfalle, or rotini (gluten free, as needed)
- 2 cups your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups your favorite alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- 1–1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water 1-2 minutes less than the package directs (it will finish cooking in the sauce and in the oven). Drain pasta and discard pasta water.
- Meanwhile, make “pink” sauce by stirring together marinara and alfredo sauces in a medium saucepan over low heat until well blended. Stir in fresh basil.
- When pasta has finished cooking, toss pasta with pink sauce. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with additional fresh basil if desired.
- Category: Main Dish, Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian-American
Keywords: Pink Pasta, Pasta with Alfredo and Marinara, Creamy Tomato Sauce Pasta