Yes, this is a lot of cilantro. If you’re nervous, feel free to start small and add to it!
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, rinsed
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (1/2″) piece of fresh ginger, cut in 3-4 pieces
- 1/3–1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3/4–1 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt, to taste
- Optional: 1 lime, cut into wedges.
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear. Transfer rice to a pot and add coconut milk, water, and ginger. Stir to combine, then cover and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, and continue cooking 10-15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is fluffy and tender.
- Remove the ginger from the pot. Stir in cilantro, pomegranate seeds, and a pinch of salt with a fork, until everything’s distributed pretty evenly. Taste and add additional salt or cilantro as desired. If you like, squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice over the rice before serving.