As always, if you have time, make this soup the night or morning before you plan on eating it to allow the flavors to blend. It gets so much better with time!
- 6-8oz sausage (Italian sausage, sliced andouille, whatever you like)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1/2-1 bunch kale (tough ribs removed and sliced or torn into small ribbons)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell peppers, carrots, celery, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Next, add the zucchini and cook 1-2 minutes more. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable broth.
- Cover the soup, bring to a boil over medium heat and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add kale and stir to wilt.
Keywords: sausage kale soup, sausage vegetable soup, vegetable sausage soup, Italian sausage vegetable soup, vegetable soup, gluten free, dairy free