Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili – This paleo sweet potato chili recipe is one of our favorites. It doesn’t get much easier than the slow cooker! (Whole30, Gluten-Free)
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 oz.) can petite minced tomatoes
- 2 (14 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3–4 Tablespoons chili powder*
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin*
- 1/4 tsp oregano*
- 3 cups beef broth (can sub chicken or veggie broth)
- optional: cilantro, for garnish.
If you want to drain the fat: In a saute pan, brown beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain excess fat. Transfer cooked beef to slow cooker and follow remaining instructions.
- Place ground beef in your slow cooker. Add onion, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, and oregano.
- Pour broth over all and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Stir to break up the meat and garnish with cilantro.
*IF YOU WANT MORE KICK…You can use 2 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. smoked paprika, and 1/4-1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder instead of the mixture below. Or, you can add 1/2-1 minced jalapeño along with the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo sweet potato chili, paleo sweet potato chili, sweet potato chili, slow cooker sweet potato chili, crock pot sweet potato chili