Some people prefer being able to drain the fat from their beef before adding it to the pan. If that’s you, follow the browning step listed below. If you’ve bought lean meat (or don’t mind the fat–I don’t!), feel free to add all your ingredients at once!
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14oz) can petite minced tomatoes
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3–4 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- optional: cilantro, for garnish.
If you want to drain the fat:
- In a saute pan, brown beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain excess fat. Transfer cooked beef to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on SLOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours. Stir to break up the meat and serve warm! Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on SLOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours. Stir to break up the meat and serve warm! Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Category: soup, chili
- Method: slow cooker