Do use aged balsamic if you can find it. It’s pricier, but a little goes a long way, and it’s a bit more syrupy and sweeter. Feel free to skip the honey if you’re on Whole30 or are avoiding added sweeteners
For the salad:
- Spring mix, or your favorite salad greens
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1– 1 1/2c strawberries, diced
- 3–4 Tbsp salted cashews or macadamia nuts (more or less, to taste)
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp lime juice (1–2 limes’ worth)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (use aged if you can find it, it’s sweeter)
- 1–2 tsp honey (you may need 2 tsp depending on the sweetness of your vinegar)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- First, prepare the dressing, by whisking together lime juice, balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and add additional honey if desired.
- Toss dressing with salad greens, diced mango, avocado, and strawberries. Top with nuts and serve immediately.
1. Try adding blueberries to the mango, avocado, and strawberries
2. Try an all-berry version with blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries
3. Make it a meaty meal by adding grilled chicken to the salad.