Thai Chopped Salad – A fresh, crisp salad topped with sweet thai chili vinaigrette and a creamy peanut sauce drizzle. (Gluten free & paleo friendly!)
For the salad:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups (about 8oz) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (about 1 bell pepper)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (I like English or Persian cucumbers)
- 2 green onions
- 1/4–1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3–1/2 cup cashews or peanuts (raw or lightly salted)
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
For the peanut drizzle:
For the salad:
- Add lettuce, red and green cabbage, chicken, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, green onion, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- If not serving immediately, store in an airtight bag for 2-3 days.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with chili-lime vinaigrette until well coated. Then, serve with peanut or cashew drizzle on top and sprinkle with cashews or peanuts.
For Chili Lime Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, stir together Thai sweet chili sauce and lime juice. Whisk to combine. Store separately, and toss with salad right before serving.
For the Peanut or Cashew Drizzle:
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter or cashew butter, coconut milk, tamari/coconut aminos, and maple syrup. Whisk until completely smooth. (Or, you can use an immersion blender to combine quickly)
- Drizzle over salad when ready to serve.
Make Ahead Notes: If you don’t plan to serve this immediately, store the dressing and drizzle separate from the salad. Stored separately, the components of this salad will last at least 2-3 days in the fridge.
Paleo & Gluten Free Notes: To be paleo compliant, use cashews, cashew butter, and coconut aminos. You can choose to omit the sweet chili sauce, or use a homemade compliant version like this one. For gluten free, use coconut aminos or gluten free Tamari (I prefer low-sodium).
- Category: Main Dish, Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, American
Keywords: Thai Chopped Salad, Thai Chicken Salad, Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, Chopped Salad, Paleo, Gluten Free, Peanut Sauce,