1. Twinsies. I was asked four times this week if Sophie and Milo are twins. At 20 months apart, they really don’t look all that different in size, particularly when sitting next to each other or squirming about in a grocery cart like lost kitties.
2. I was also asked (again) “where their father is from” because the babies are getting so tan. This always prompts a few feelings. 1) Do I really look like Gollum to the general populace? Is that why no one thinks I could possibly have had anything to contribute to the olive skin pool? 2) I pinky promise that they are wearing sunscreen! 3) It’s only May. Heaven help us by August.
3. Thumbs up. Teaching Sophie to do “thumbs up” is one of the best things we’ve ever done. I am SO MUCH MORE likely to get a picture of her looking at or facing the camera this way! Plus, it’s really fun for her, and it’s adorable to watch. I’m still working on it with Milo… boyfriend gives me knuckles every time I ask him to do thumbs up.
4. My buddy. Milo at two is perhaps my most exasperating acquaintance and simultaneously my little buddy. He’s in this awesome stage right now where he tries to come snuggle or sit with me. He’s normally going 1000 miles an hour, but if he slows down for a minute, he often wants that minute to be spent with me, in my lap or sitting close by. He puts his hand on my knee, and I forgive him for all the tantrums and destruction of the day. I’ve always wanted a snuggle baby, and I think Milo will be the closest thing I get to it!
5. This summer is a big one for us. Last year, there was NO safety at the pool from either child, no listening skills at ALL, and Milo H A T E D the water with the fire of a thousand suns. This year we’re still working on those listening skills and neither child is totally trustworthy, but with our favorite floaties, Sophie is remarkably independent, and Milo hangs out at the pool stairs. It’s such a relief. In a lot of ways, I was able to see what a difference a year makes. I’m hoping this is our best summer together yet.
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Blendtec giveaway, closing Sunday night!
P.P.S. Elsewhere this week: Pineapple Orange Ginger Popsicles at the Blendtec blog
Happy weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!