1. Mr. Cranky Cuddles. Between cutting a molar and giving up naps, Milo’s been super clingy this week. I love the cuddles, but wish I knew how to make the transition to quiet time an easier one for him. Sophie gave up naps right at age 2. Milo’s 2.5 and has been fighting the good fight for ages. He passes out every few days in a nap, but mostly he fights them tooth and nail and can’t stand the idea of quiet time. I loved the suggestions on Instagram! I’m trying a few things to see what helps. Maybe you’ll find something helpful if you’re in the same boat?
2. Caught in the middle. We’re two weeks into school and I feel like I’m ready for fall! It’s strange to have school underway, but another month (two really) of summer weather. Last year, it was in the high 90s the week of Halloween, so I know that hot weather is here for a while, but I’ve found my focus turning to autumn things. Summer weather, fall mindset… I’ll figure myself out sometime.
3. Ballet is around the corner. We got into the fall term of ballet classes with the teacher Sophie loved last year. She starts soon, and she asks every day if it’s time! I hope it’s as great an experience as it was last time. In the meantime, I love catching her doing “ballerina toes.”
4. Airplanes. My grandpa is still helping me assemble lots of old airplane and vehicle photos for a gallery wall I hope to get done in Milo’s room sometime this year. It’s been one of the most special projects I’ve ever worked on. My grandpa is one of the best humans alive. He’s kind, gentle, hardworking, funny, and MAGIC with children. He was also an excellent pilot in the Air Force and did lots of flight instruction.
Getting the emails in my inbox feels like getting a Christmas present every time. Milo and Sophie ask to look through the photos every day. It makes my heart so happy!
5. Good moments. I’m still taking to heart the “good moments” vs “good days” mentality. Trying to focus on good moments is still really pulling me through some rough autism and teething toddler moments we’ve had lately. This was a very good moment.