The weekend’s here! Let’s kick it off with Five Fact Friday!
1. Sunny with a chance of sunnies. Just such lovely weather. And what better time to buy sunglasses. It’s the only thing that’s really mattered to my children since the purchase on Tuesday. Thank you, Target dollar bin. $1 sunglasses never looked so good.
2. A healthy dose of survival mode. Other than the sunshine and sunglasses, much of my week was really kind of in survival mode. I had a four day migraine over the long weekend and into this week. I’ve been so stressed by everything going on lately, I think it all just caught up with me at the same time. Time to slow down. Now if I can just figure out how to do that…
3. New. (NEW!) Big things this week with Sophie. She’s tried a few new foods lately, and I cannot tell you how big this is. So many months of therapy to get to this point. And my heart is just so grateful.
4. Baby steps to four. All along my friends have told me that the “terrible twos” start around 18 months and pretty much go until your child hits four. So far, at our house, with exactly one four year old, that’s been very true. Something magic happens at four.
Milo’s been very…three years old this week. And last week. And the week before. Which means he’s throwing an epic fit about the chair he’s sitting in at the table or purposely bothering Sophie one second and saying “I luff you so much mama. You’re so preety.” the next. I really do love him right here, right now. And I try to write down, photograph, or remember as many of the wonderful sweet moments as I can at this age. But I’m also really looking forward to the magical four year old thing.
5. On TV! Sort of! I got an email this week from The Doctors tv show! They want to feature my Chicken Zucchini Poppers on an episode (not me, just the recipe). I kind of can’t believe it! I also really wish my photography skills had been better at the time of that recipe. It’s the single most popular recipe on my blog and I wish I’d done juuuust a little bit better photos for the post. I’m so excited to see it (*if* they use the segment)! I’ll let you know when the episode will air as soon as I know if they’re going to use it!