Five Fact Friday – The summer countdown is on, and we’re sharing a few fun bites from Sophie’s birthday, Milo’s building and more! Happy weekend, friends!
1. Time’s a Ticking! We realized this week that there are only FIVE WEEKS till summer break from school. That’s going to fly by! I’ve started combing through some of our favorite fun with kids activities to cobble together some ideas for summer break. The weather has been CRAZY nationwide (so many of you got snow this week!), and we’ve been flirting with the 90s for a few weeks now. This has been our last really gorgeous week on the forecast for a while. Like, maybe till after Halloween. So we’re soaking up every single breath of it!
2. Funny face. I was going through my camera and phone this week to put together Five Fact Friday and couldn’t believe how many silly faces Milo was pulling! It’s his favorite game lately. Camera? Let me pull a face. I’m going to keep snapping away. It’s the kind of thing I’ll love laughing and smiling about for years to come. Good grief, everyone needs a Milo in their life.
3. Birthday Girl. Sophie’s birthday was last Sunday, and she had such a great weekend. She’s someone who can have pretty high (and verrrrry specific) expectations about how things should go, how people should behave/react, etc., so I’m always holding my breath a bit to see how things play out. She did amazingly well. She’d been shouting from the rooftops (and to random strangers walking across the street) that her birthday was coming up for weeks, and felt SO LOVED when a friend surprised her with a pink flamingo bucket of all her favorite things. She was overjoyed to get to hand out her all pink Starburst candies to her school class, and loved listening to everyone sing to her. She was a VERY happy birthday girl.
4. Birthday Adventuring. I think I’ve mentioned this a few times, but for the time being, we’ve opted to do family birthday adventures rather than birthday parties. The birthday person gets to choose somewhere to go or something fun to do for their birthday (the zoo, the children’s museum, out to a special restaurant, to the movies, a special park, etc.). It’s been a really fun tradition we all look forward to.
This year, Sophie opted for Build-a-Bear. Both kids thought they’d died and gone to heaven. We finished the day off with shaved ice (Sophie’s request instead of cake–what!?), and tucked a very happy Sophie girl into bed that night.
5. Need Milo? He’s probably building something with a car in hand. Our house looks like a life-sized Rube Goldberg machine at any given time lately, what with the contraptions and “race tracks” built out of Legos, blocks, Hot Wheels tracks and anything else Milo can find. It’s everywhere. Always.
This is how we are now.
So please forgive us if you come over. I like to tell myself it’s all those creativity and engineering skills developing. The tripping over all the things is less favorite, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how excited he gets about whatever it is he’s built.
HAPPY WEEKEND, friends. I hope you enjoy it! We’re planning to soak up all the outside time we can get, bake a little, and get a little relaxing in before next week starts up.
The weekly newsletter is headed out tonight at 6pm PST. Be sure you’re signed up if you don’t want to miss it!!
Happy weekend, dear reader!
Wishing you every good thing!