- Chuggingtons = Chuggy-toots
- Cuffer Pete = Puffer Pete
- Pee-YEWF! = Pee-yew/Piu/P.U.
- Spinached = Finished
- Gimbersnack = gingersnap
2. I love, love, looove kissy cheeks and lips. Milo does lots and lots of sound effects, and puts his lips through the full range of motion. I have to hold myself back from smothering him in kisses all the time. He hates it 🙂
3. Guys, we gave up binkies last week before all our medical chaos ensued. Believe me when I tell you, it turned out to be a week I never wanted binkies MORE. Milo did remarkably well–15 minutes of death screaming the first night of “BEEEEKEEE PWEEEEEEEEEEESE” then he gave up hope, his spirit broke, and he fell asleep. He went to nap and bed the next night without a fuss. He’s asked a few times since, but it’s been pretty smooth. Sophie’s really missed hers, crying for a solid hour the first night, 45 minutes the second, etc. I guessed it would be harder for her, but…carry on warrior. What can you do?
4. Milo’s concentration faces are some of my favorites. He is VERY quick to bust out a full-body smile at any moment, but he also takes his “caws,” “twaks,” and “twens” very seriously. He plays “to da wasscue!” a whole lot and reminds his trains (who are usually saying “oh noooo….”) that “iss okay twens.” He’s very good at rescuing.
5. Thanks again for all your concern, happy thoughts, and prayers for Sophie. This has all been so sudden and scary. She’s been sleeping 15 hours a day (with a nap!) this last week. She gave up naps when she was 2, and is normally a high-energy go-go-goer. It’s been sad to see her feeling so down and out. She’s completely drained after 1-2 hours of normal playing and therapies. I hope her energy and sparkle comes back soon!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter the Paderno vegetable spiralizer giveaway! Entries close on Sunday night, and I’d hate for you to miss out.
P.P.P.S. I’m excited to recharge a bit this weekend with my church’s twice-yearly conference. It’s essentially a bunch of mini TED-like talks on spiritual topics from faith to family, and I always finish these weekends feeling so energized. Feel free to tune in!