1. Michael sent me to California to visit my parents for a few days, and friends, I feel like a new woman. I got to spend time with my parents and be there to get the news that my sister had had her beautiful baby boy (spoiler alert: he’s perfect). I got to hike, read, swim, and just BE. Heaven on earth.
2. I know no one really wants to see vacation pictures, but I just have to. I got to go to the Ferry Building Farmer’s Market, which I look forward to every time I visit my parents. It’s amazing. The colors are so vibrant, everything is so remarkably fresh, and hidden in the walls of that building awaits a Sharffen Berger Dark Chocolate Cocoa Nibby bar with my name on it.
p.s. Are you gluten free? Stop in at Mariposa Bakery. Get the cinnamon roll and the sandwich batard. Ah-mazing. Hands down the best gluten free dairy free bread I’ve ever had. And… I just found out they ship. *squee!*
3. Even better: my food-nerd dreams came true and I ate at Wayfare Tavern! It’s Tyler Florence’s restaurant, and it was perfection. The design, the flawless menu, excellent service, decent prices, and just amazing, amazing, amazing food. They were remarkably accommodating to my dietary needs, and I’ll admit it was everything I could do to restrain myself from the steaming hot popovers on my parents’ plates. Sweet mercy, it was heaven. And I had an ear-to-ear grin the entire meal. Perfection.
4. As amazing as going to the bathroom by myself and reading a book was, it really was nice to come home. I need to remember next time to be more motivating for Milo. He was pretty nonchalant about my arrival home. A simple “hey, mama.” Sophie, bless her, gave me a big kiss and held hands with me on the way home. Michael held everything together while I was gone and I’ve never loved him more.
5. A Quick Sophie Update: A few of you have asked about Sophie since our last update. It means so much to me for you to ask after her, and to know so many people are praying for her and thinking about her. We’ve been back to neurology and an immunologist, and still don’t know much. Despite her ability to baffle the doctors and their colleagues, she has made some progress and we think we’ve sorted out the dosage for the medication we’ve started her on with a chance of reducing it even more.
Happy weekend, dear reader! Wishing you every good thing.