1. Good News Minute. We had a neurology follow-up this week and I was SO happy to get good news. I’ve been afraid to say it out loud (since surely that would jinx it), but Sophie has been tic free for a month! No involuntary movements, nothing to disrupt her normal living, school work, or therapy routine. It’s felt like a miracle (a Christmas miracle, in fact, since they stopped the week before Christmas). We get to slowly back her off her medication, and–fingers crossed–this months’ long ordeal will be over. Hooray, hooray!
2. What about Milo. When he’s eating something he likes, Milo is the world’s most appreciative eater. Maybe not, but it’s like that scene from “What About Bob?” when Bill Murray is doing this way over the top “Mmmm MMMmm MMMM!” while eating corn on the cob, stopping every few bites to say things like “is this hand-shucked?” Milo dances in his seat and says “mm-mm-mm-MM” and stops to say “iss yummy mama!” or “iss dee-wiss-is!” If I can just get him to accept some sort of vegetable into his mouth and get this response… we’ll be golden.
3. Byooful. Sophie doesn’t ooh and ah over food, but she does have a discerning eye and often proclaims “iss byooful!” Like “I wuff your byooful taco shirt, Dad!” Daddy is the recipient of most of her compliments. Girlfriend loves his wardrobe. Some days, it feels a bit like I spend some time getting ready, brace myself for a big time fashion judge, only to let her down (yet again). Don’t worry. It stings less than it used to. (I’m kidding! It’s so funny. Most of the time.)
4. Milo’s birthday was so much fun. It was the best birthday we’ve celebrated yet. Milo was thrilled with his “boo-day train” and the balloons we’d set out. Sophie understood the concept of a birthday and proclaimed everything” birthday”. “Iss a berday crayon!” “Iss a berday spoon!” Milo wished everyone else a happy birthday all day long, and we had a reeeeeeally good cake with the absolute best chocolate frosting I’ve ever, ever had. I’ve been trying to think of another excuse to make the frosting…. our next family birthday isn’t till April. Maybe something for Valentine’s?
p.s. In case you missed it, I wrote a little post about Milo on Sunday. Love him. Love sitting down and writing out all my favorite things about someone I love.
5. MY SISTER AND NEPHEW ARE COMING!!! And, as soon as they leave, my mom is coming! My heart has needed that happy thought to make it through some rough days this last week. I can’t wait for baby Cannon’s’ squishy cheeks, neck rolls, and baby thighs.
I posted an amazing Pomegranate and Mango Salsa over at Bless This Mess this week. Pomegranate season ends soon! Make it while you can!