Introducing: Snack Camp!
Join us for Snack Camp! – Sign up for our virtual snack camp for kids! Learn new cooking skills, collect easy, delicious recipes + have fun together.
This is our first week of summer break, and it’s a little surreal since we’ve already been “out” of traditional school since the first weekend in March. We had 10 1/2 weeks at home & out of our usual routine, and now we’re staring down at least 8 more weeks of summer break.
I’ve LOVED and appreciated so much of what people have been offering for kids during our time at home, from art camps, to drawing tutorials, to book-reading, and more.
Through the last several weeks, I’ve been wracking my brain to think of how I might be able to help as most of us are heading into a summer break that looks nothing like it has in years past. With most in-person camps and classes canceled, travel plans delayed or canceled, and some long, hot weeks ahead, I finally came up with a fun idea for summer: SNACK CAMP!
WHAT IS SNACK CAMP?
Snack Camp is a virtual cooking “camp” for kids featuring delicious, kid-approved recipes, easy-to-learn kitchen skills for little ones, and fun ways to connect in the kitchen.
I’ll be starting things off with a 5-DAY SNACK CAMP KICK-OFF STARTING JUNE 1ST. Each day, I’ll be sharing a fun, kid-approved snack recipe you can make with your littles (or for you!).
The recipes will be easy, mostly healthy, and pretty allergy-friendly. (All recipes will be gluten + dairy free, with nut-free, soy-free, egg-free options or alternatives.)
After our camp kick-off next week, I’ll be popping in on Tuesdays & Thursdays until August with more snack options so you never need to get bored.
WHY I RECOMMEND SIGNING UP FOR SNACK CAMP EMAILS
You can check back here each day to see the recipes, but I recommend signing up for the emails since you get some cool bonuses + extra info you won’t see in the recipe posts.
IF YOU SIGN UP FOR SNACK CAMP EMAILS, YOU WILL GET EXTRAS WITH EACH RECIPE:
- Specific ways your child can help with each recipe (broken down by age group)
- Tips for adapting each recipe for dietary restrictions
- Alternative recipe suggestions + others flavors to try + more!
SNACK CAMP SUBSCRIBERS WILL ALSO GET OUR WELCOME PACKET, INCLUDING:
- Our BEST tips for cooking with kids (aka. how to keep your sanity + keep messes to a minimum)
- A big list of ways your kids can help in the kitchen, broken down by age group.
- Our best tips for helping picky eaters. All the best tips we’ve gotten in feeding therapy, in books, and from our doctors over the years.
FAQ ABOUT THE CAMP:
HOW MUCH DOES SNACK CAMP COST?
- Right now, it’s FREE! All you need to do is sign up for snack camp emails or check back here (or on Instagram) to follow along.
MY CHILD HAS ____ ALLERGIES. WILL THIS WORK FOR THEM?
- All recipes will be gluten-free & dairy-free, with nut-free, soy-free, egg-free options or alternatives provided whenever possible.
I HAVE YOUNGER KIDS/OLDER KIDS. SHOULD WE STILL SIGN UP?
- Yes! There are jobs for kids of all ages. In each email, I’ll break down some recommended tasks & ideas for different age groups. Plus, the welcome packet for snack camp subscribers will also include LOTS of ways to get kids involved in the kitchen, from toddlers to big kids.
HOW MANY RECIPES WILL WE GET IN SNACK CAMP?
- I’ll be sharing 5 recipes next week (starting June 1st), plus recipes on Tuesdays & Thursdays for June & July. You’ll end up with at least 20 recipes to choose from!
WHEN DO SIGN-UPS CLOSE?
- Never! You’re welcome to sign up for snack camp any time!
Emily, thank you so much for doing this! I have a 10 and 12 year old who will love this! They will be home quite a bit more than we had originally planned for the summer. It will be so nice to give them something fun to do in the kitchen and give us some new snack ideas. And absolutely LOVE that they will all be GF and DF.
I hope it’s helpful! Thank you so much for signing up!
Signed up for snack camp emails! Is there a shopping list?
Erin – You should have gotten one today! Let me know if you still need it!
If we just signed up a few days back, is there a way to get all the first week email recipes? I think I have just received strawberry lemonade popsicles so far.
Jennifer – The way it’s set up, you’ll get one recipe each day for 5 days. You’re also on the list for future snacks, so those emails will still show up. The first week’s recipes are also on the blog–my 5 most recent posts. The blog posts won’t have the extras the emails have, but they do have the recipes! 🙂