Oh, Oh, Dolly.
These mashed potatoes were heaven. on. earth. Oh how I wish I’d tasted these before Thanksgiving so I could have passed the recipe along! Everything good in the potato world was found right here in these potatoes.
They were incredibly light and fluffy–the texture was almost as smooth and light as the boxed/made-from-a-mix kind. They were incredible! I loved them.
For an almost meatless meal, Michael and I used this as our main dish paired with a salad and fruit and it was a delicious, filling meal. If you wanted to, you could even use this same technique for twice-baked potatoes (I think I will sometime!).Print
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2Tbsp butter
- 1/4c milk (any percentage)
- 1/4c sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 4oz bacon, diced and cooked (be sure you’re using gf bacon, if needed)
- 3–4Tbsp minced chives
- salt & pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until very soft. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl. Add butter, milk, and sour cream. Salt and pepper generously and mash well until light and fluffy. Add more sour cream or milk as necessary. Stir in bacon and chives. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.