Gluten-Free Banana Muffins – These gluten-free (or not!) banana muffins are light, airy, and close-your-eyes good. The perfect easy baking project!
Sophie usually wants to jump in too, and (even though it takes longer and there’s more mess to clean up) I love that I get to share something I love so much with two little people I love so much!
These gluten-free banana muffins have become somewhat of a Sunday staple for us in the last few months. Just about every week, Milo or Sophie will ask if we can make banana muffins. I always try to hide a few bananas a few days in advance so they can get ripe in time for Sunday afternoons.
The texture of these babies is PERFECT. They’re light and fluffy, unlike so many of the gluten-free muffins out there. I really appreciate that they’re naturally sweetened, and the little extra goodness from the oats makes my heart happy.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST GLUTEN FREE BANANA MUFFINS
LET’S TALK FLOUR. I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Mix. It’s perfect for easy gluten free baking and it’s a literal 1-to-1 substitute for standard white flour. If you’re not gluten-free, you can swap out the gluten-free flour blend for white flour.
SWEETNESS. Depending on how sweet your bananas are (the riper the better), you may possibly want to add more maple syrup. You can go up to 1/2 cup without losing anything in texture. We’re just great with the 1/3 of a cup listed. Our super-ripe bananas make these sweet and delicious without being one step away from a cupcake.
THE BEST MUFFIN PAN EVER. The last thing I’ll say is that I LOVE my silicone muffin pans. We make so many muffins that it’s more eco-friendly and budget-friendly not to use paper liners. The silicone muffin pan is totally nonstick, dishwasher safe, and muffins cook evenly and pop right out. We use the mini size and the standard size (standard size is what you see pictured here), and love both. The mini size is perfect for packing in lunches or a little snack.
TRY ADDING CHOCOLATE CHIPS! These gluten free banana muffins are delicious on their own, but we also LOVE tucking in some chocolate chips. (So do my kids!)
LOVE THESE GLUTEN FREE BANANA MUFFINS? You might also love…
- Almond Flour Banana Cake (No oil/butter!)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Bread with Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl
- Chai Spiced Banana Smoothie
- Blender Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
These gluten free banana muffins are light, airy, and close-your-eyes good. (dairy free + naturally sweetened!)
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, avocado oil, butter, or ghee
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk (I use almond or coconut milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats (we use Bob’s Red Mill gluten free oats)
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free baking mix (we use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour)
- a few extra oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or stand mixer, combine bananas, oil/butter, syrup, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, oats, and flour. Pulse until just combined.
- Scoop into muffin cups (if not using a silicone pan, you’ll want to grease or line the cups first). If desired, top with a sprinkle of oats.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cool and serve!
- Category: Breakfast, muffins
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: muffins, gluten free muffins, banana muffins, gluten free banana muffins,