20+ Non-Candy Easter Basket Ideas for Kids! – Easter’s right around the corner. We love these candy-free Easter basket ideas for kids!
Easter is just a few weeks away(!!!), and I’ve been on the hunt for Easter basket ideas for my kids. So much of our regular life still looks different these days that it’s been really fun for me to try to hold onto a few silly, simple, fun things that make things feel “normal” like putting together Easter Baskets.
Since candy & treats are kind of a given (and you probably already know which ones your kids love best), I’ve focused on non-candy Easter basket ideas for kids here. I’ve broken things down into four main categories, and I LOVE the ideas in each.
Here are my non-candy Easter basket ideas for kids this year…
Some families do a nice Easter dress or Easter outfit, but since we live in the desert, we’ve started doing swimsuits. This is usually the “big” thing for my kids’ Easter baskets. It’s a purchase I need to make anyway as they grow each year, but it’s fun to put it in their baskets and open it like it’s a present.
A BOOK, MAGAZINE, OR ACTIVITY BOOK
A BOOK TO READ! We loooove books around these parts, so we’re always on the hunt for something to read. I’d highly recommend THIS ONE, THIS ONE, and THIS ONE. They’re each filled with inspiring stories and gorgeous illustrations. You can also find books here:
- 15 Books for Kids with Character
- 15 Picture Books Your Whole Family Will Love
- Books Our Kids Loved As Much as We Did
BRAVERY MAGAZINE. We’ve LOVED Bravery for the last year, and individual issues or a subscription would make a great Easter gift (that keeps on giving!). Each issue is packed with gorgeous art, inspiring life stories, LOTS of activities, craft/art projects, real-life stories shared from kids and more.
PUFFY STICKER BOOKS (REUSABLE!) – These puffy sticker books are one of our favorites for travel, restaurants, or keeping kids busy. The stickers really can be used again and again.
PAINT BY STICKER BOOKS. Paint by sticker books are another great option. We love to pull them out while we listen to a podcast or audiobook. They’re a great way to keep your hands busy and make something beautiful while you’re at it!
- ORIGINAL KIDS Paint By Sticker Book
- BEAUTIFUL BUGS Paint By Sticker Book
- UNICORNS & MAGIC Paint by Sticker Book
- UNDER THE SEA Paint by Sticker Book
- ZOO ANIMALS Paint by Sticker Book
A (SMALL) FUN GAME
A small game makes a GREAT non-candy Easter basket idea. It can be a great way to pass the time and give a gift of quality time + experiences together. We have a whole post about our favorite family games, but a few that would be great for an Easter basket…
- MONOPOLY DEAL. I do not have the patience for an actual game of monopoly, but this 15-minute rounds of Monopoly Deal are quick and easy. My kids (8 & 9) LOVE this game. (Geared toward ages 8+)
- THE BEARS AND THE BEES. Color match tiles to build a beehive and avoid bears! Geared toward ages 8+, but there isn’t any reading required. Younger kids who can match colors could totally play with a grown-up!
- HAPPY SALMON. A fun win from Christmas, this quick game is fun and silly!
- SLEEPING QUEENS. This game was invented by a kid, so it’s REALLY easy and intuitive for kids to play. Little tiny kids can play, and big kids can make it fun by using more advanced combinations.
- EYE FOUND IT. This is another game that’s easy to play for small children (no reading required). It’s a quick-ish I-spy game with a Disney theme. We love it!
- SKIP-BO JR. This is really fun and the rounds go by pretty quickly. We’ve been playing since Milo was 5 and they both caught on really quickly!
- GO NUTS FOR DONUTS! This game can be so funny! Plus, the cards are adorable, so…
- SUSHI GO! We’ve been playing this since Milo was 5 or 6, and it’s pretty easy to catch on to. I enjoy this one a lot!
- JACKS. Or, you can skip the board/card games and go for something classic like Jacks!
- THE PEG GAME. This one’s a little brain teaser that can keep my kids occupied for a *while*
Here’s where non-candy Easter basket ideas get FUN! I’ve got a TON of fun small gift ideas in my stocking stuffer posts, but a few things that are great this time of year:
- A JUMP ROPE or CAT’S CRADLE JUMP ROPE. Get everyone moving or practice with some fun jump rope rhymes!
- SIDEWALK CHALK. (we’ve been writing/drawing happy messages around our neighborhood on walks)
- PLAY DOUGH. (This is our favorite–and it’s naturally gluten-free!)
- WASHABLE WATERCOLORS. Watercolors are easy to clean up and wash out of most clothes + fabrics. We LOVE them!
- BATH FOAM, BUBBLE BATH, OR BATH BOMBS. (These little Magic Grow bath sponges are also really fun!) Because a fun bath or shower can make everything better on a tough day!
- Matchbox or Hot Wheels cars
- NO-SPILL BUBBLES. (Seriously the BEST, especially for the littlest littles)
- CUTE BANDAIDS. My kids always think this is so fun! Try THESE, THESE or THESE
- NAIL STICKERS OR NAIL POLISH. (Sophie’s loved this polish in “Shooting Star”–it looks amazing even if it chips!)
- BUILD-YOUR-OWN FIGHTER JETS. An easy activity that can also get kids zooming around the house or backyard. Win-win!
- KINETIC SAND. This sand sticks to itself, so it’s easy to build & mold with. It also means it’s easy to clean up and DOESN’T cover everything in sight. (We put it in a little plastic storage bin with a lid and it keeps for AGES.) It also comes in cute kids sets, like this little Construction set, this ice cream shop, and this Rainbow set.
- SUNGLASSES. Perfect for warmer weather and more sunshine!
What are some of YOUR favorite non-candy Easter basket ideas for kids? I love hearing what other families do for this holiday!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- HOW TO MAKE CONFETTI EGGS
- PERSONALIZED ROBIN EGG (CUTE PLACE SETTING!)
- MY GUIDE TO PERFECT DEVILED EGGS (+12 FLAVORS TO TRY!)
- HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC EGG SALAD (+3 YUMMY VARIATIONS!)