No-Bake Chocolate Berry Tart – This vegan chocolate tart tastes so fresh and luscious! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and really makes a statement! It’s the belle of the ball at any dinner or party!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day!
I always love doing a simple but fun Valentine’s Day dinner for our family, and everyone’s favorite part is definitely dessert.
While most of our desserts are pretty basic–things like cookies, brownies, or really good chocolate pudding, I wanted to make something that LOOKED really fancy, even if it was easy-peasy to put together.
This no-bake chocolate tart won All The Things. It’s easy (check!), delicious (check, check!), and looks GORGEOUS (super extra check!).
An easy cocoa crust loaded with a luscious chocolate filling and topped with bright, beautiful fresh berries makes this gluten-free chocolate berry tart the PERFECT (easy!) fancy dessert.
You’d never guess it’s this easy…
HEART HEALTHY HIGHLIGHTS FOR THIS CHOCOLATE BERRY TART:
This chocolate berry tart really might be the prettiest thing I’ve ever made or photographed on my blog. Fresh berries are like that! Honestly, I think they make everything look lovelier! As part of my heart-healthy dessert week, I’ve been highlighting the heart-healthy ingredients in each recipe. This one has several…
BERRIES – Berries are a nutrient powerhouse. They’re loaded with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C and more.
OATS – Oatmeal is a great whole grain that the American Heart Association recommends for it’s high concentration of soluble fiber and contributing to lower cholesterol. If you are GF like us, I stock up on these in bulk!
CACAO – Cacao and chocolate (especially when not overloaded with sugar) can be part of a healthful diet because of its antioxidant properties. Raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder and added it to both the crust and the chocolate filling. It’s AMAZING.
In addition, I used coconut oil for some healthy fats and skipped refined sugar in favor of pure maple syrup. Even with mindfully chosen healthy ingredients, this tart has all the lovely flavor of something rich and decadent. We absolutely LOVE it.
FAQ + TIPS FOR A PERFECT NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE BERRY TART:
LET’S TALK MILK. You can use any kind of milk for this vegan chocolate tart recipe. We’re dairy-free, so I choose coconut milk for its richness, but you can also sub cashew, almond, dairy milk, etc. Know that using a lighter milk (like soy, almond, or cashew) will make the filling slightly less thick and creamy.
HOW LONG WILL THIS TART KEEP? Just a few days, unfortunately, since the fresh berries will start to deteriorate if you’ve kept them ON the tart. If you want to make it ahead of time, simply wash and add the berries right before serving.
CAN I MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE BERRY TART IN ADVANCE? Other than the berries on top, the rest of the chocolate berry tart (crust and chocolate filling) will keep well covered in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days total, or the freezer up to 2-3 weeks. Just add the fresh berries on top right before serving. (If you’ve frozen your tart, you can thaw the pre-made tart and top it with berries right before serving.)
WHAT KIND OF TART PAN DO YOU USE? Tart pans are admittedly a fairly specialty piece of equipment. I use this one, but you can also make this in a 9-inch springform pan, or make mini tarts in a silicone muffin pan (we have this one) that you can just pop right out.
A TIP FOR GETTING PRETTY CHOCOLATE SWIRLS. If you want to make chocolate swirls in the filling like I did, I love using an icing spatula (sometimes called an off-set spatula). They’re specifically designed to be light and flexible, and make spreading frostings and fillings SUPER easy. (You can also see it in action in my chocolate zucchini cake)
LOVE A GOOD CHOCOLATE RECIPE? YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- The Perfect Gluten-Free Brownies
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
HELPFUL FOR THIS NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE BERRY TART:
No Bake Chocolate Berry Tart – This gluten free vegan chocolate tart tastes so fresh and luscious. It’s gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and really makes a statement. The belle of the ball at any dinner or party!
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 cup oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (or cacao)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey, or agave), such as Sprouts brand
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, such as Sprouts brand
- pinch salt
For the Filling:
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, such as Sprouts brand
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, such as Sprouts brand
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (can sub cashew milk, almond milk, or dairy milk), such as Sprouts brand
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder, such as Sprouts brand
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Topping:
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups fresh berries
For the crust:
- Put the oats in a food processor and pulse to break up a bit.
- Add cocoa powder, syrup, coconut oil, and salt. Process until mixture forms a ball and comes together.
- Transfer dough to a tart pan and pat out using fingers or the bottom of a cup until crust is spread evenly. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
For the Filling:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender, or you can do this by hand) and puree or pulse until well combined and there are no lumps remaining.
- Spread filling over the crust and smooth out with a spatula or knife.
For the Topping:
- If serving within a few (4-5) hours, place the berries on top of the chocolate filling in any design you like, and chill for at least 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator to allow filling and crust to set. Store tart in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- If you are making this ahead of time (more than 4-5 hours before eating), refrigerate the tart (crust and filling). When ready to serve, top with berries. Store tart in the refrigerator.
- If you are making this far in advance, you can make and freeze the tart without the berry topping and store in the freezer in an airtight bag up to 2-3 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator before adding berries and serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American, Gluten Free, Vegan
Keywords: chocolate berry tart, no bake chocolate tart, berry chocolate tart, gluten free chocolate tart, vegan chocolate tart