These easy mango popsicles taste SO fresh and delicious! Made from healthy ingredients, they’re the perfect summer snack to cool off with!
Now that we’ve hit triple digit temperatures, it’s time for ALL the popsicles and ice cream!
My kids and I LOVE healthy homemade popsicle recipes, and it’s so fun to come up with new flavors every summer! From bright red Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles to creamy Key Lime Pie Popsicles to fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops, we’ve got frozen treats for every craving!
Our newest flavor is fresh, tropical, and vibrant in every way. This easy mango lime popsicle recipe is made from simple, nourishing ingredients you’ll love, and it’s BURSTING with fresh mango flavor. YUM!
Best of all, you can make them with fresh or frozen fruit, so they’re easy on a budget and you can whip them up any time.
Here’s what you need to make our healthy mango popsicles recipe…
Our Healthy Mango Popsicles Recipe, At A Glance:
Here’s What You need To Make These Healthy Popsicles:
- Fresh (Or Frozen) Mango. You can use either fresh mango or (thawed) frozen mango chunks to make mango popsicles. I recommend thawing frozen mango first so it blends more easily and quickly. If you’re buying fresh, we love Atulfo mangos (sometimes labeled yellow mangos/champagne mangos) for their sweet flavor and less fibrous texture. Remove the pit and the skin, then cut them into cubes with a sharp knife for easier blending.
- Fresh Lime Juice (& Maybe Some Zest). Only fresh for these popsicles! If you want a more pronounced lime flavor, I also recommend adding the zest of 1 lime!
- A Little Honey Or Agave (If You Want). Depending on the sweetness of your mangos and lime juice, you may or may not want to add a little honey or agave syrup. I love adding 1 Tablespoon, but follow your tastebuds and add the amount of sweetener you like!
- Light Coconut Milk. This won’t overpower the flavor, but will give these healthy mango popsicles a smooth, creamy texture that’s LOVELY when frozen. Canned or refrigerated works fine! (Plus, it keeps this summer treat dairy-free!)
Don’t Forget A Popsicle Mold! (This One’s The Best)
For the best homemade popsicles, you’ll need a popsicle mold! We’ve made literally hundreds of popsicles over the last decade, and THIS is our go-to popsicle mold. It can hold 3-cups of popsicle mixture to make up to 10 ice pops. I love that it comes with a lid to hold the sticks in place. It’s the only one we use anymore! (Also: I like this one better than a silicone popsicle mold, since silicone can take on the flavor of your freezer–ew.)
How To MAke Homemade Mango Popsicles, Step By Step:
- Measure & Combine. Add all the ingredients to a blender. (Make sure you have the full amount of mango!)
- Blend Till Smooth. Make sure there are no lumps in the smoothie. Taste and adjust the flavor, adding more honey/agave, if needed.
- Pour Mango Puree Into Popsicle Mold and cover with a lid or foil. Insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze 3-4 Hours. Give the popsicles at least 3-4 hours in the freezer to freeze completely solid.
- Remove From The Mold. Run each well of your popsicle mold under cold water for a few seconds, then jiggle the sticks side to side to loosen the pops. (Run the mold under water again if they’re still not loosening.)
- Serve & Store. Enjoy the popsicle right away, or transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer up to 1 month.
Don’t Have A Popsicle Mold? Try This!
Pour the popsicle mixture into small paper cups (3 oz. size), and cover the cups with foil. Insert the popsicle sticks through the foil (it’ll help keep them upright) and place the cups on a level surface (like a plate, cutting board, or baking sheet) and freeze until completely solid. When you’re ready to serve, remove the foil and peel away the paper cup!
FAQ + Tips And Tricks For The Best Healthy Mango Popsicles:
Play Up The Lime! If you want to play up the lime flavor in these popsicles for more of a mango-lime popsicles twist, add the zest of 1 lime along with the juice. It’s so fresh and vibrant! If you prefer to let the mango flavor shine through, stick with just the lime juice.
How To Get Popsicles Out Of the Popsicle Mold. Don’t stress! It’s easier than you think. Run each well of your popsicle mold under cold water (not warm water!) for a few seconds, then jiggle the sticks side to side to loosen the pops. (Run the mold under water again if they’re still not loosening.) That’s it!
How To Store Leftover Popsicles. If you don’t polish them off in one sitting (we’ve done it before!), you can store leftover homemade mango popsicles in a freezer bag in the freezer up to 1 month.
Variations To Try. This is my go-to mango popsicle recipe, but if you want to change things up, try one of these twists:
- Swap out the coconut milk for some yogurt
- Add lime zest for a more punchy lime flavor
- Mix Up The Fruit by using half mango & half peaches or pineapple
- Use Orange Juice. Or, add a citrus twist by swapping orange juice in for the coconut milk.
- Add A Little Spinach. Yes you can! (Especially if you add lime zest)
- Add Fresh Mint. I love mint and mango together!
⭐ Don’t forget to leave a star review and comment below when you make our Healthy Mango Popsicles recipe. I can’t wait to hear how it goes!Print