Apple Spice Cake – This delicious apple spice cake has the perfect blend of warm spices and a gorgeous texture, thanks to a double-dose of apple goodness.
This is one of those recipes.
Please, may I beg you, implore you, beseech you, dear reader, to try this apple spice cake!!!
This isn’t your average apple cake. It isn’t your average spice cake. It is the heavenly best of both worlds.
It’s the most moist cake I have ever EVER made. The spice amounts may seem like a lot, but when you bake it, everything blends together in the most beautiful synergistic way.
I may also point out, that this cake is the PERFECT pair with my buttermilk syrup.
Again, I beg you… if you’re going to have this cake at all, have it right! Serve it with buttermilk syrup warm and gooey and you’ll kiss whoever is closest to you. (I suggest sitting by someone you like really well, otherwise this cake could make things a little awkward).
I MUST WARN YOU: Under no circumstances should you take a small bite of the cake and actually dip it into the container of warm, caramelly buttermilk syrup as though it were fondue. Not even when you’re just tasting the cake. Not even when you’re on your last bite. Not even when no one is looking. If you do it, you will never NOT be able to do it. Not that I know from experience…*cough*Print
This delicious apple spice cake has the perfect blend of warm spices and a gorgeous texture, thanks to a double-dose of apple goodness.
- 1/2c butter
- 2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1c applesauce
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and grated
- 2–3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp cloves
- 1 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 2 1/4c flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer or spatula until light, fluffy, and well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time till well incorporated.
- Stir in applesauce, apples, and spices till combined.
- Sift in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir till all dry ingredients are just mixed in. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray or buttered.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with buttermilk syrup or caramel sauce.
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Baking, Oven
Keywords: apple cake, spice cake, apple spice cake