Maple Glazed Roasted Carrots – This is the BEST roasted carrots recipe! Sweet-glazed carrots with gorgeous caramelized edges make the perfect side dish. (Gluten-Free, Paleo & Vegan-Friendly)
- 2 lbs. carrots, washed, peeled, and ends cut off
- 3 Tablespoons butter, vegan butter, or ghee (clarified butter)
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Optional, for garnish: 1/2 Tbsp fresh herbs (parsley or dill) or 1/2 tsp. freeze-dried parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel your carrots.
- Cut each carrot diagonally into 3-4 pieces. (If your carrot is very thick, cut your pieces in half lengthwise to promote even cooking)
- In a large saute pan, gently melt butter, vegan butter or ghee.
- Add maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add garlic, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and stir about 1 minute.
- Add carrots and carefully stir to coat with the glaze mixture.
- Pour carrots and glaze mixture out onto a baking sheet/sheet pan in a single layer and distribute as evenly as you can to allow air flow and better roasting.
- Roast 20 minutes. Stir carrots and roast another 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Turn heat up to the BROIL setting and broil carrots 2-5 minutes to give them a browned finish. (Watch carefully so they don’t scorch!)
- If desired, season with additional salt and pepper, and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: glazed roasted carrots, glazed carrots, roasted carrots, sweet glazed carrots, sweet roasted carrots