I love this roasted red pepper hummus because it’s smoky and savory and the flavor is incredible as a dip for veggies, crackers, or pitas, but it also makes a great spread for wraps.
If you’re bringing something to a gift exchange or holiday party, this makes a great appetizer or addition to a buffet. Everyone will secretly (or, not-so-secretly) thank you for bringing something savory and healthy to balance out those delicious holiday sweets.
Holidays aside, this is perfect for lunches, snacks, or quick dinners. We recently found a GF flour tortilla (with no nutritional value whatsoever) that is remarkably flexible and Michael likes making wraps with this hummus, turkey, and then some fresh veggies (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and bell pepper are all nice). It’s hearty and filling and paired with some fresh fruit and such makes a great packed lunch for work or easy lunch at home. It’s also one of our quick and easy dinners on rushed nights.
I usually skip the wrap, but I love dipping a big bunch of fresh veggies and find that I keep going back for just one more taste. My favorite veggies for dipping here are cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, and tomatoes. It’s amazing with a few kalamata olives chopped up and sprinkled over the top, though some extra roasted bell peppers also look gorgeous.
Basically, it’s a keeper. Quick, easy, delicious. Bam.
Notes on the recipe:
- I’ve found that I get the smoothest texture in my blender, but a food processor will also work.
- If you have nut or seed allergies, you can skip the cashew butter or tahini. It doesn’t add much to the flavor and is primarily there to add a bit of richness and creaminess to the hummus. Without it, the hummus will just be a little thinner.
- For garnish (or a little extra flavor), try topping it with additional roasted bell peppers or some kalamata olives.
- Jarred bell peppers work fine in this recipe, though if you like to make your own, this is my favorite method.
- Ditto for chile oil. You can buy it, but I like to make my own. It takes 2 ingredients and just a few minutes.