Strawberry Mango Smoothie – This healthy strawberry mango smoothie is a great change of pace from green smoothies. Delicious, pretty, and made with fruits AND veggies, it’s a perfect healthy breakfast or healthy snack! (Paleo & Vegan)
Hi, I’m Emily, and I’m in love with my blender.
Michael was just about to quit his job to start grad school full-time, and I was home with two very small babies (under 2) and trying to get my blog seriously off the ground, and we were on a BUDGET when Sophie’s pediatrician asked us to try going gluten & dairy-free. To say I was feeling overwhelmed would be an understatement.
But. Changing our diet made a HUGE difference for all of us. One of the best investments we made around that time was a refurbished Blendtec blender. It felt like a HUGE extravagance, and I wondered if we should have waited till after grad school to get one.
At the time that I write this, I’ve now owned that blender for almost 7 years, and it’s been used 1471 times (there’s a counter–I checked!).
But of all the things we make in that blender, smoothies will probably always be our favorite. They’re my kids’ favorite way to get veggies (tell me they’ll someday like actual vegetables again!), and they’re so refreshing whether we blend one up for breakfast or snack.
We’ve made some real progress with green smoothies (like this), and *secretly* green smoothies that don’t *look* green (like this and this), but it’s always nice to mix things up with other veggie options.
This pretty smoothie is one of our favorites! Our strawberry mango smoothie includes a little dose of veggies, but maybe not one you’d expect…
HERE’S WHAT GOES INTO OUR STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE
This strawberry mango smoothie gets a secret veggie boost from carrot juice! It might sound like an unlikely combination, but it works!
- FROZEN STRAWBERRIES. I tend to use frozen fruit in my smoothies when I can because it’s often less expensive, available year-round, and gives a frosty finish to the smoothies. Frozen strawberries are the base of this yummy smoothie, along with…
- FROZEN MANGO. Sweet, creamy mango is such a delicious pairing with bright, tangy strawberries. (Plus, if you’re not a banana fan, this is perfect for you!)
- KIWI. I love adding kiwi to smoothies because it’s packed with vitamin C (more than lemons or oranges!), fiber, folate, potassium, and more. And it rounds out the flavors of the strawberry mango smoothie beautifully. Then, comes the secret veggie boost…
- CARROT JUICE! Carrot juice is loaded with beta carotene and isn’t too strong a flavor. It’s surprisingly creamy, but it also doesn’t overpower the rest of the flavors. It pairs nicely with sweet things (like the mango and strawberries), and neither of my children noticed it a bit. The brightness of the berries and mango is so complementary to the carrot juice, and the color is GORGEOUS.
- OPTIONAL: SMOOTHIE BOOSTS. If you want to pump up the nutrition even more, you can add one of our favorite smoothie boosts below!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THIS STRAWBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE:
A TIP FOR BUYING CARROT JUICE. We typically buy single-serving bottles of carrot juice (I can get them at Target, Sprouts, Kroger, Whole Foods, etc.). You only need about half a bottle for a batch of this strawberry mango smoothie, so you can use the rest for another batch, freeze it for later, or mix it with orange juice (my kids will drink this 50-50 with orange juice!)
MAKE YOUR OWN CARROT JUICE (NO JUICER NEEDED!). If you don’t want to buy carrot juice, you can press your own using a juicer, or try this method, which just requires a blender and a strainer or cheesecloth.
CAN I JUST USE CARROTS INSTEAD? That’s up to you, but I’ve found that even with a high-speed blender, the texture isn’t quite the same. I prefer carrot juice.
GOT LEFTOVER SMOOTHIE? You can refrigerate this strawberry mango smoothie and drink it the next day OR you can freeze it in a popsicle mold (my favorite!) and make a smoothie popsicle!
CAN I USE FRESH FRUIT INSTEAD OF FROZEN? Absolutely. Just know the texture won’t be as frosty unless you also add some ice. About 1 cup will make it nice and frosty!
MORE KID-APPROVED FRUIT & VEGGIE SMOOTHIES TO LOVE…
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie (my all-time favorite!)
- Healthy Pineapple Julius Smoothie
- Superfood Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie (You’d never know this is packed with greens!)
- Our Favorite Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Vanilla Kale Smoothie (tastes like a creamy vanilla shake!)
- Pineapple Peach Perfection Smoothie
Beta Berry Blast Smoothie – This healthy strawberry mango smoothie is a great change of pace from green smoothies. Delicious, pretty, and made with fruits AND veggies, it’s a perfect healthy breakfast or healthy snack! (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mangos
- 2 kiwi, peeled
- 1 cup carrot juice
- About 1/2 cup water (or milk or additional carrot juice)
- Place all strawberries, mango, and kiwi in a blender.
- Pour carrot juice into the blender.
- Cover and puree until very smooth, adding water as needed.
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast, Snack, Brunch
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry mango smoothie, beta berry blast smoothie