It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without more pink in your life, would it? Maybe it’s just us, but we can’t get enough.
This is one of our favorite smoothies lately. It’s creamy, tangy, and feels as luscious as ice cream (really). And the best part is… it’s all made with great, real-food ingredients!
We love strawberry banana “nice cream”, and this basically just takes our old favorite to a new level of awesome. The not-so-secret secret is adding a bit of yogurt.
You can certainly use dairy yogurt in this, if that’s what you’re eating. My favorite brand of yogurt (pre-dairy-free-life) was Fage plain Greek yogurt. These days, we use So Delicious plain coconut milk yogurt. It’s really quite good, and works like a charm in this smoothie.
The ingredients are all more or less pantry staples for me, and (being a smoothie and all) this comes together in no time. Which is perfect for when everyone is “I SO HUNGRY” and “NEED-A EAT NOW, MAMA!!!”
…Just my house? Anyone?
Whether you add it to your Valentine’s Day breakfast, or eat it as a snack anytime, it’s a truly delicious treat I think you’ll love.
A few other great breakfast ideas:
- Raspberry Stuffed French Toast
- Very Berry Waffles (GF, DF)
- Grain Free Chocolate Muffins (GF, DF, Paleo)
- Bacon & Potato Breakfast Bake (GF)
This makes a big batch (about 4 cups) of smoothie. If you want less, you can certainly halve the recipe, or freeze the leftovers in popsicle molds for an easy treat later.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk or dairy milk)
- 1 (6oz) container plain yogurt (dairy or non-dairy — we use So Delicious plain coconut milk yogurt)
- 1/2 cup applesauce or apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen banana, diced into large pieces
- Place ingredients in your blender in the order listed. (with the frozen fruit on top). Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the (stopped) blender or adding more almond milk as necessary.
- Serve immediately!