Triple Chocolate Toffee Brownies. Yep, I said it.
That’s about all I can say for myself. These brownies are embarrassing.
In the best way.
Well, folks, we’re talking about a LOT of chocolate. And toffee bits. Oh, and butter.
But I’m not kidding when I tell you these are amazing. AMAZING. Fudgy, decadent, incredible. Because of all that goodness, they’re also very, very rich, so an 8×8 makes 16-20 brownies at least. A small square will send you into a close-your-eyes-and-groan-out-loud-choco-nirvana.
The recipe is pretty straight-forward. We’ve made it a few times now and LOVED it. I even brought these cut up into bite-sized pieces to my friend Collette’s fondue/white elephant party. They were made even more incredible by both chocolate and caramel fondue.
I know they’d be divine in ice cream, and I may or may not be able to tell you from experience that they’re also delicious frozen, from the fridge, at room temperature, or even slightly warm.Print
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2c semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet)
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1c flour
- 1c bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used Ghiradelli 60% bittersweet chips)
- 1 (8oz) package Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips over medium-low heat until smooth.
- Turn off heat and stir in brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well to incorporate after each addition. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and stir until about half-incorporated. Add bittersweet chocolate chips and toffee bits and continue folding them in until the flour is just incorporated.
- Pour batter into an 8×8″ baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until brownies are just set. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
If you need even slices, refrigerating them for 20-30 minutes after they’ve cooled makes them slice perfectly.
Recipe inspired by and adapted from Picky Palate