These peanut butter oatmeal energy bites made with chocolate chips and chocolate candies make for a fun, easy treat! (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3–4 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips (regular or mini size)
- 3–4 Tablespoons M&Ms candies (regular or mini m&m) or candy coated chocolate candies (like unREAL)
- Start The Energy Bites. In a food processor, combine oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Process Until Smooth. Pulse or grind the mixture until there are no large pieces of oats and the mixture starts to come together into a ball. Taste, and add more vanilla or salt, if desired.
- Mix In The Goodies. Remove the blade from the food processor and add chocolate chips and candies to the energy bites mixture. Mix these in by hand with a flexible spatula.
- Scoop & Roll. Use a small cookie scoop to make 1-Tablespoon balls and roll them smoothly in your hands.
- Serve & Store. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: monster cookie energy bites, peanut butter oatmeal energy bites, monster energy bites